Junior Livestock Show
1. Competition is open to only residents of Fannin County.
2. All articles for competition must be the work of the entrant or entrants.
3. An entrant may enter only one item per class. Unless otherwise indicated, an entrant may enter as many classes as desired.
4. Superintendents reserve the right to determine if an entry is in the correct category.
5. All entries must be delivered to the Fannin County Multi Purpose Complex. Dates and Times tbd.
6. Baked goods are a special exhibit for one day only, Saturday, entrants should follow department rules.
7. Identification cards will be assigned and receipts given for each entry. Receipts must be presented to pick up items and Ribbons.
8. All accepted entries will be on display for the duration of the fair.
9. No Items will be released early from the Arts and Craft Area. Entries and ribbons MUST be picked with receipt Sunday after the conclusion of the fair. All items will be checked off from original sheets using receipts. No ribbons will be given or items returned without a receipt. Anything not picked up on Sunday will become the property of the Fair Board and will be disposed of in a manner determined by the Fannin County Fair Board.
10. Age Criteria are as follows: Children - * 8 years of age and under; Junior -* 3rd grade thru 8th grade; Youth -* 9th grade thru 12th grade; Adult -* 19 thru 64 years of age; Honorary -* 65 years and over.
11. Awards will be given in each Class per Division for:
1st Place (blue ribbon), 2nd Place (red ribbon), 3rd Place (white ribbon), all others will receive a participation ribbon.
12. Best of Show Rosettes will be awarded to the highest point entry among blue ribbon winners in each Division.
13. Judges decision is final.
General Rules & Regulations
Arts & Crafts
Rules & Regulations
Director: Sara McBroom
1. Please refer to the Fannin County Fair General Rules and Information and the Food and Fiber Division Rules and Regulations.
2. A 3x5 index card, must be attached to the entry. Entrants name, age, address, telephone number & (if in School, then list the School). NO ENTRY will be excepted without the index card attached to the back of the entry.
3. Crafts must be able to be displayed. Pictures will be displayed on a Board using Thumb Tacks. Frames are not required.
4. Exhibitors may only enter one item per class, per division.
5. Any item entered in the Arts & Crafts Division in the past will not be judged. No Miscellaneous
items. If not in a class, then will not be accepted.
6. Judging will follow these standards:
A. Originality – the entry was not copied from something else or is not a kit. It is an item you created yourself.
B. Craftsmanship – the entry was created with skill or dexterity, of consistently high quality with quality materials.
C. Design – the entry was created, executed and constructed using basic design principles such as: line, form, color, texture, proportion, and balance.
Children 8 years of age and under
Junior 3rd grade thru 8th grade
Senior 9th grade thru 12th grade
Adult 19 thru 64 years of age
Honorary 65 years of age and over
8. Awards will be given in each Clas per Division as follows:
a. 1st Place (blue ribbon), 2nd place (red ribbon), 3rd place (white ribbon), all others will receive a participation ribbon.
b. Best of Show Rosettes will be awarded according to the highest point entry among Blue Ribbon winners in each division.
Division A: ART
Class 2. Acrylic (with brush)
Class 3.Water Color
Class 4. Pastel
Class 5. Ink
Class 7. Chalk
Class 8. Pencil
Class 9. Crayon
Class 10. String Art
Class 11. Spray Paint
Division B: CERAMICS & CHINA
Class 12.Porcelain Hand-painted China
Class 13.Ceramics – Glazed
Class 14.Ceramics – Dry-brushed and Stains
Class 15.Originals in Clay
Division C: HOBBIES
Weaving and Woven fabrics
Class 20.Woodwork made by hand
Class 21. Painted Woodwork
Class 22. Macramé
Class 23. Leather Craft
Class 24. Jewelry
Class 25. Stained Glass
Class 26. Painted Plastic Art
Class 28. Wreaths
Class 29. Metal work
Division D: NEEDLEWORK (Specify if Kit or Original)
Class 31. Knitting
Class 32.Crewel Embroidery
Class 33. Needlepoint
Division E: AFGHANS, RUGS, QUILTS, BEDSPREADS & PILLOWS
Class 36. Afghans – Knitted
Quilts – Quilted by hand
Class 38. Quilts – Quilted by Machine
Bedspreads (Applique, Crochet, Quilted, Machine)
Class 40. Rugs
Class 41. Pillows
Class 42. Table Runners
Class 43. Wall Hangings